Saturday, July 5, 2008

The best laid plans. . .


Well, the little boy that we planned on adopting is now out of our lives. He was taken to a kinship placement. We love him so much and know that we could provide a better life for him, one in which he has a real shot at making it in life we have no choice but to watch him walk into the hand of a relative he does not know. We ache because we know how traumatized he is right now wondering where we are. It was heartbreaking to turn him over into the hand of poverty and a family with a cycle of abuse a mile long but these are the decisions that the state makes. . . the decisions that are the best interest of the child. . .the child they have never met and really have no idea what is best. Do I think just because he is going to be living in poverty that he does not have a shot? No, but I know he now has many, many more obstacles to his success than he did a week ago. I will pray for him as I always have and will believe that this family will realize what a treasure they have in him and no only NOT hurt him but give him every opportunity to shine. I commit him into my Father's hands. . .that is the best place for him. . .as my own heart breaks . . .

No comments:

LHJ Counter