Sunday, June 24, 2007
Clueless
UGH! I had one of those email forwards sent to me . . .you know the kind you have a million times a day and just delete because you know you will not get a wish after you send it to 25 special friends. Well, my best friend sent me one and it was racist and I was shocked. I told her it offended me and she got really upset. As a matter of fact being the person I am I re-worked it so it was about gay people not people of color so she would see what I meant about it. I thought it was over and done with but she felt the need to poll everyone about whether or not it was racist (they said it was). Now, this friend is very vocal and never afraid to tell anyone what she thinks about how they live their lives but yet someone says one thing to her and she's all offended. To top it off, there are only two really active members on our church outreach committee and she committed to helping once she graduated which she did in May. First meeting she was a no show. I am begining to feel my friend is a fair-weathered one. I feel like I am in high school again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment