Saturday, June 16, 2007

Intro that turned into a rant

I keep thinking that I can keep up with a blog. . .but I also wonder what the big deal is over the whole lesbian issue. I really could not be any more straight. . .I live in the 'burbs, drive a SUV, commute everyday, attend Church faithfully and even serve on our Church Council; my spouse is a deacon for goodness sakes! I even scrapbook--avidly. Yet because my spouse is missing the most important 6 inches of skin to ever occupy a body it makes us some how "different" and "not normal".

Yet, if I were anymore normal I would be in a coma. Sometimes I realize the whole lesbian identity is all that keeps me from being truly boring. What's more is that I never was straight, nope, been like this all my life. I love to have my nails done, hair highlighted and who doesn't love a fabulous Louis Vuttion Handbag I ask? My spouse, butch, and cute. And I like it that way.

Sometimes I feel this pressure from the lesbian/feminist community that seems to say "just because we are lesbians doesn't mean we have to look like a guy". Like the butch woman is the lesbian community's Uncle Tom. As if we should all be trying to pass for straight girls or something. And isn't it hypocritical for feminists to tell others how they should look? If my spouse is a butch girl that's her business.

Now, the Christian Right is just as hypocritical. Our Commission from our Savior is to love one another yet all I seem to hear about queers and the church is a message of hate. For those that believe that homosexuality is a sin remember that God hates all sin so less just agree that we are all sinners and fall short of the glory of God and MOVE ON!

Well, I am off to deal with the mundane life of a lesbian, grocery shopping and getting the dog groomed.

No comments:

LHJ Counter