Monday, August 13, 2007

God loves me but not YOU

OK, I'm really hot about the following tidbit of info:
A "Christian" church in Arlington, TX refused to have a funeral for a gay man related to one of their employees. They were gonna do it then they figured out he was gay and dumped him the day before. Did I also mention that he is a veteran? Nice. Thanks for the Freedom. . .fag. The church is High point Church and you can read all about this issue at the Dallas Morning News Web site.

But just so you don't think all Church's named "High Point" are ugly the website for High Point Church in Wisconsin has the following on there web site:
A Case Of Mistaken IdentityPosted Aug 12, 2007 You are looking at the website of High Point Church in Madison, Wisconsin, which has no affiliation with the High Point Church in Arlington, Texas. The church in Arlington has been involved in recent days in controversy over the cancellation of a previously scheduled funeral service. Our sympathies go to the family of the deceased that is grieving their recent loss. Posted on behalf of the Elder Board and Rev. Ridley N. Usherwood.

For those who may run across this because they have been told that as a gay person you do not have a place at the table to worship Christ. . .you have been lied to by the Devil himself. One of the worst work that the evil one is doing right now is splintering believers and turning us against each other which strikes at the very core of Jesus' one commandment to us to love one another. And the highest most respected are falling for it. If you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal savior , that he died and rose for you, confess your sins and pray this then you will have everlasting life. Find a welcoming church on Google or email me I will help. I never want to think someone was left behind because they believed the lie.

2 comments:

mike said...

Nicely put. It's hard enough getting involved in a church as a 30-something, straight, divorced man, but--because I've been involved with some very open churches (the "Reconciling in Christ" movement in the ELCA), I sometimes forget that there are those who have it even worse.

Thanks for posting this (and for your comment on my post a week or so ago--it was good advice, if I can only follow it!)

DykeDiva said...

Mike you seem like a really genuine nice guy. . .even if you are hetro (lol) I thought you all were extinct!

LHJ Counter